WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants have become more popular recently, because of the advancement of cosmetic medicine, the operation techniques and the materials that make up the implants. So, the turnout has become high by people who want to restore their teeth and their bright smile. Turkey was on the list of countries in providing this medical service, for the provision of high-quality dental materials at relatively low cost compared to other European and American countries.
Dental implants are among the most requested surgical dentistry procedures. The doctor replaces the missing teeth with implants that are surgically implanted into the jaw bones, then he covers them with a crown from the top, in a manner that suits and fits the teeth in the mouth naturally. The process of dental implants is characterized by the lack of a certain limit of implanted teeth, as you can implant one or many teeth; with cost differences and after consulting your doctor of course.
CANDIDATES FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS
The doctor in BMS Clinics begins a full examination of the patient’s mouth as fully as any routine and periodic examination, he also examines the patient’s medical history to make sure there are no chronic diseases that prevent the patient from doing dental implants. Among the conditions that must be met for you to be a candidate for dental implants are:
- People who have lost one or more teeth and want to implant alternative teeth for cosmetic or medical reasons.
- The patient undergoing the operation must be free from some diseases that affect the bones such as diabetes and advanced osteoporosis.
- The patient undergoing dental implants must have enough bone density to succeed dental implants.
- People who keep and maintain their teeth clean and cared for, as the patient must have a good oral health.
- The patient undergoing dental implants should not suffer from chronic high blood pressure.
- The patient should not be a heavy smoker (more than 10 cigarettes per day).
PRE- DENTAL IMPLANTS TIPS
There are some tips and guidelines that must be followed by the patient undergoing dental implants before the operation, in order to have a successful dental implant. Such tips are:
- The choice of a specialist doctor with experience, efficiency and good reputation, as the process of dental implants is one of micro-surgical operations.
- The choice of a dental center, known for its good treatment services offered before and after the operation.
- Maintain a routine hygiene of teeth and gums, as a patient undergoing dental implants must have a good oral health.
- Avoid smoking for some good time (one-two months) before the operation.
- Avoid stimulants and caffeine such as tea and Arabic coffee for two weeks before the operation.
- Avoid having alcohol as well as blood thinners such as green tea and ibuprofen medicines.
POST- DENTAL IMPLANTS TIPS
After the completion of the process and installation of the new tooth, the patient who has undergone dental implants treats his/her teeth very naturally, with regard of the following:
- Take care of dental cleaning and pay periodic care to the teeth and their cleanliness.
- Clean the gums and do not leave any food left over on them.
- Undergo a dental check-up at your dentist every 6 months.
- Work on to reduce or abstain from alcohol and smoking, in order to maintain the implants.
STAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental implants are conducted in several routine stages at BMS Clinics:
- The doctor prepares the specified place for implantation by placing the implants made of pure titanium metal in the jawbone in the place of the missing tooth.
- The jawbone and the implant are healed, in what is called bone fusion, this takes six months for the upper jaw and three months for the lower jaw.
- The doctor prepares the final composition of dental implants, this phase includes number of sessions, where the composition is prepared from oral prints, the doctor then installs it permanently on the implant.
It takes about half an hour to implant a tooth; dental implants are accompanied by a slight pain that can be treated with ordinary painkillers. The implant success rate is 95% for the lower jaw and 90% for the upper jaw, since it is more difficult to attach the implants to the upper jaw bones.
Implanted teeth can last for more than 20 years, this, of course, depends on how well the patient is taking care of his/her health, and his/her interest in the cleanliness and health of their teeth on daily basis.